Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. located in Mocksville, NC is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to run the various HR functions while guiding/assisting employees through company culture, policies/procedures, and teamwork.
Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Federal and State employment and compliance requirements.
- Collect payroll timesheet data, track/record employee paid time off and submit to Payroll in a timely manner.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, including but not limited to safety training, anti-harassment training, and aptitude exams/certifications if applicable.
- Recruit, interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required.
- Report new hires with NC agency and conduct employee eligibility verifications through E-Verify.
- Perform background/reference checks, pre-employment testing, onboarding, new hire orientation and exit interviews of employees.
- Coordinate employee incentive programs.
- Assist supervisors/managers in conducting workplace accident investigations.
- Administer/communicate health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and separations.
- Distribute internal communications regarding open positions, benefit updates, company policies, etc.
- Maintain employee and medical personnel records.
- Provide support to employees in relation to leaves of absences, grievance matters, etc.
- Assist managers with performance reviews, corrective actions, and separation processes.
- Maintain employee personnel, turnover and activity reports.
- Screen resumes and record/maintain applicant logs.
- Build applicant sources by researching/contacting colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, and internet sites.
- Coordinate and attend recruitment activities: job fairs, school campus events, community events, etc.
- Develop retention strategies by accessing data related to departing employees.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Notify supervisor of any updates/changes/issues that may need addressing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Resourceful problem-solving aptitude and understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
- Familiarity with online meeting platforms (Teams, Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; HRIS systems helpful but not required.
- Active listening with discretion, confidentiality, and empathy always.
- Ability to collaborate professionally at all levels of organization.
- Must have thick skin and be able to communicate and/or process constructive criticism.
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively make decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or similar field, will consider PHR/SHRM certification with 2 years’ experience in relevant industry in lieu of degree.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to; health, dental, vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending, life insurance and paid time off. To apply, submit application online at www.sportsfield.com, apply in person at 155 Boyce Drive, Mocksville, NC, fax your resume to (607) 746-3107 or email resume to email@example.com.
Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.