Sportsfield Specialties is seeking a Payroll Specialist, for our Delhi, NY location, to ensure timely and accurate recording and processing of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls and perform daily payroll related administrative tasks.
Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
- Collect timesheet data, check for accuracy, and collaborate with supervisors on discrepancies/missing information.
- Enter, maintain, and/or processes employee information into payroll system, including but not limited to; hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses, time worked, paid leave, deductions/withholdings, address changes, etc.
- Ensure proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, garnishments, etc.
- Verify payroll before final processing/transfer.
- Ensure accurate & timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, separations, and pay rate changes.
- Prepare and maintain accurate record and reports of payroll transactions.
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolve concerns.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Support HR/Finance audits by providing records, report and other documentation as needed.
- Maintain employee personnel and medical records.
- Respond to employment verifications and employment inquiries.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Complete mid-year and annual compliance testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Must have thick skin and be able to communicate and/or process constructive criticism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and related software.
- Familiar with payroll software, preferably ADP.
- Associate degree in accounting or related field coupled with two years’ payroll experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Salary starting at $47,000/year, DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending, and paid time off. To apply, submit application online www.sportsfield.com, fax resume to (607) 746-3107 or send resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor employment visas.