Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is seeking a Design/Manufacturing Engineer for its NY division, who can initiate, direct and manage the design, development, construction and modification of new and existing products and processes from conception to implementation.
Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new/revised products by determining materials, methods, processes, schedules and procedures;
- Identify opportunities and/or implement changes to improve products and reduce costs;
- Work closely with other departments and customers to coordinate design engineering activities;
- Review, initiate or approve engineering drawings, layouts, changes orders and specifications;
- Perform cost estimation and project take-offs;
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge;
- Create manufacturing drawings for production release;
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing;
- Create, edit and update BOM and Production Orders within an ERP environment (SAP).
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience in manufacturing design.
- 3CAD Software (Solidworks, PDM, and/or AutoCAD).;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel.
- Strong technical background along with innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Excellent work ethic within a team-first environment.
- Familiarity with SAP/ERP systems preferred.
- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Machining experience a plus.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to; health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending, life insurance and paid time off. To apply, submit application online, apply in person at 41155 St. Hwy 10, fax your resume to (607) 746-3107 or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.