Sportsfield Specialties is seeking a Human Resources Recruitment Coordinator for its New York location to provide administration support to the HR department, primarily but not limited to; the areas of recruitment, retention and onboarding processes.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of federal and state employment and compliance requirements,
- Support Fair Hiring Practices by reviewing and assessing hiring/interviewing processes to ensure they are free of discrimination,
- Work closely with department managers to identify open staff positions and their key duties,
- Create and post job postings internally and externally to attract skilled applicants,
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, and internet sites,
- Coordinate and attend recruitment activities: job fairs, school campus events, etc.,
- Identify potential candidates to conduct screening interviews by phone and in person,
- Coordinate manager interviews with qualified candidates,
- Develop retention strategies by assessing data related to departing employees,
- Screen resumes and record/maintain applicant logs,
- Maintain employee turnover and employment activity reports,
- Perform reference and background checks,
- Coordinate with local and out of state lab facilities to schedule pre-employment testing,
- Assist HR Department with various tasks as needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Familiarity with online meeting platforms (Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; HRIS systems helpful but not required.
- Active listening with discretion, confidentiality, and empathy always.
- Ability to collaborate professionally at all levels of organization.
- Must have thick skin and be able to communicate and/or process constructive criticism.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources or similar field with minimum 2 years exempt and non-exempt recruiting experience in relevant industry.
- Will consider SHRM certification with work experience in lieu of degree.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to; health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending, life insurance and paid time off. To apply, submit application online, apply in person at 41155 St. Hwy 10, fax your resume to (607) 746-3107 or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.