Sportsfield Specialties, Inc., located in Delhi, NY and leader in the manufacture and sale of Sports Construction Equipment is seeking a demonstrated experienced Operations Manager to manage the overall operations for (2) on-site manufacturing plants, totaling 200k square feet with approximately 75+ production personnel.
Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for overall Operations performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Continuous Improvement, Efficiency and Cost;
- Identify, grow and develop talent in the operations organization resulting in improved teamwork and leadership effectiveness;
- Develop production planning and scheduling systems in order to meet product build plans and sales forecasts including optimizing labor, equipment utilization and inventory resources;
- Examine and resolve scheduling and quality non-conformities;
- Direct the Manufacturing Management Team with respect to safety initiatives, production volumes, cost and quality to meet operations and customer delivery schedules;
- Meet financial objectives and goals by preparing, developing and/or managing annual budget, forecasting requirements and scheduling expenditures; analyze variances and initiate corrective actions as needed;
- Participate in the interviewing, selection and hiring process of new employees;
- Plan, review and implement employee compensation; enforce company policies and procedures;
- Collaborate with Production Manager on employee performance, corrective action plans, employee motivation and/or separations;
- Utilize all available resources to manufacture the highest quality components/finished goods while maintaining the Operations Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s);
- Interact with Director of Operations and senior management on a regular basis to ensure best in class operational results.
- Proven, in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes (i.e. manufacturing components: CNC metal forming, CNC machining, fabrication and laser cutting, manual welding, powder coat paint processing, assembly and shipping logistics.)
- Strong written, communication, organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively make decisions and achieve goals under strict deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate professionally at all levels of organization.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in a higher-level management / leadership role in an industrial/ manufacturing setting, preferably in a low volume/highly custom.
- Proven, in-depth knowledge of manufacturing, assembly and painting processes (i.e. components manufacturing: CNC metal forming, CNC machining, fabrication and laser cutting, manual welding, powder coat paint processing; assembly and shipping logistics.)
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement leadership and program experience.
- Demonstrated experience with structured change management principles with proven results.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to; health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending, life insurance and paid time off. To apply, submit application online, apply in person at 41155 St. Hwy 10, fax your resume to (607) 746-3107 or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.