Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is seeking a Product Designer for its NY division, who can facilitate the design, development, construction and modification of new and existing products and manufacturing processes from conception to implementation.
Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the launch of new/revised products by determining materials, methods, processes, schedules and procedures;
- Identify opportunities and/or implement changes to improve products and reduce costs;
- Work closely with other departments and customers to coordinate design engineering activities;
- Produce engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications;
- Perform engineering change orders;
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge;
- Create manufacturing drawings for production release;
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing;
- Create, edit and update BOM and Production Orders within an ERP environment (SAP).
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. Equivalent design and/or manufacturing experience also considered.
- Entry level and experienced positions available
- CAD Software (Solidworks, PDM, and/or AutoCAD preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel.
- Strong technical background along with innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Excellent work ethic within a team-first environment.
- Familiarity with SAP/ERP systems preferred.
- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Machining experience a plus.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending and paid time off. To apply, submit application online www.sportsfield.com, fax resume to (607) 746-3107 or send resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.