SSI is seeking a Shipping Manager to manage daily shipping and distribution operations, accurately and safely while ensuring shipments are delivered in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- The direct supervision and performance coaching of Shipping department’s hourly work force with emphasis on safety, quality and positive employee relations;
- Collaborating with Warehouse, Purchasing and other managers to optimize processes;
- Directing the flow of packages from preparation to shipment;
- Inspecting labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders;
- Order supplies as needed;
- Resolving issues regarding shipped orders;
- Suggest solutions for process optimization;
- Responsible for all shipments being loaded accurately on the correct truck load;
- Filling paperwork out completely and accurately;
- Responsible for good housekeeping practices and ensuring the facility sanitation goals are met;
- Resolving employee issues such as work instructions, job performance, etc.;
- Coaching and assisting employees with interpersonal disputes.
- Must be results oriented with attention to detail.
- Good leadership skills with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with employees, all levels of management, drivers, and customers.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Schedule flexibility and weekend availability needed.
- Must promote and maintain a positive and respectful work environment.
- Be able to accept feedback and constructive criticism.
- High School Diploma and 4-6 years’ experience as Shipping Manager or similar role required.
- Experience with ERP or SAP database.
- Experience with forklift use.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to; health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending, life insurance and paid time off. To apply, submit application online, apply in person at 41155 St. Hwy 10, fax your resume to (607) 746-3107 or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.