Sportsfield Specialties, Inc., located in Delhi, NY, is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to oversee all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of company products beginning with raw materials through delivery of final product to customer.
Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
- Oversee daily workflow and schedules of department.
- Establish performance metrics for measurement, comparison, and/or evaluation of factors affecting supply chain.
- Develop and maintain material and supply inventories located throughout the company to optimize production.
- Develop policies/procedures to increase efficiency throughout supply chain while ensuring quality and safety.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes to consolidate warehousing and distribution.
- Assess the need for material-handling equipment to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiate prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Monitor performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Conduct performance evaluations in a timely and constructive manner.
- The hiring, training, disciplining, and separation of supervisors and employees in accordance with company practices and policy.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and maintain resources needed for an effective supply chain.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to create and maintain positive internal and external working relationships.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Solid organizational/prioritization skills including attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Ability to collaborate professionally at all levels of organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three years of supervisory/management experience required.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending and paid time off. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.