Sportsfield Specialties provides confidence and leadership in the manufacturing and sale of athletic construction equipment for all levels. Let our sales team and industry partners assist you with the design, engineering, and installation of your next project. Our experience and expertise makes us the standard in sports construction.
StormGuard® Multi-Sport Netting Systems
- Industry leading provider of protective netting solutions
- Patented StormGuard® breakaway technology prevents extreme weather failures
- 12' to 40' heights commonly used for multi-sport applications
- Easily raise and lower net via pulley and vertical slide cable system
- Professionally pre-engineered to meet ASCE 7-10 wind rating up to 105 MPH
- Black super durable powder coated aluminum or steel poles
- Black #36 gauge nylon, 1-3/4" square mesh netting material
- Available with stamped drawings and calculations by a licensed professional engineer
- U.S. Patents: #9,017,190 & #9,586,123
Patented StormGuard® multi-sport netting systems are the first and only system designed and engineered to respond to extreme weather by releasing its net before pole and/or hardware failure. Our innovative design uses a shear pin device attached to the net at the top of each pole. If winds exceed ~70 mph, the pin triggers the smaller drop shaft to release from a cylindrical steel weight; this causes the net to fall to the ground. Once the storm passes, the shear pin can be replaced and the netting can be raised back into position. Our StormGuard® systems utilize a tensioned vertical cabling network, which is attached to each pole, keeping the net taut to the pole and allowing for convenient installation and removal of the net. #36 gauge, twisted and knotted black nylon comes standard with this item.
Stamped and sealed engineer drawings are available with this product, which includes structural design details with concrete anchoring foundations based on your local building codes and soil conditions. StormGuard® multi-sport netting systems are professionally pre-engineered to meet the ASCE 7-10 wind rating up to 150 mph, Exposure B. Ask about custom StormGuard® systems that can meet higher wind speed and/or seismic requirements in some geographic areas.