Sportsfield Specialties is seeking an Experienced Welder, for our Deposit, NY location, who can work independently and/or with others as a production team member with good analytical skills. Candidate must be reliable and flexible with schedule during summer months. Candidates must have experience with Aluminum and Steel metals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with the required procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Weld aluminum, steel, and stainless steel using various weld procedures to include stick welding, MIG welding, Flux Core and TIG welding.
- Setup and operate welding machines to build jobs to company specifications.
- Read measuring equipment and interpret blueprints.
- Create Assemblies out of a sheet metal and structural components.
- Cut metals with oxyacetylene or plasma.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment, manage your time and be self-motivated.
- Ability to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Experience / Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade School, College and/or 1 year welding experience.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Frequent lift, push/pull, and carry anywhere up to 50 lbs. periodically and occasionally above shoulder.
- Frequent hand/wrist movement and forearm rotation.
- Required to participate in medical exams that are required, such as NYS DOT physical and or NYS DOT drug screen, 3rd party hearing test, and/or medical exam for required PPD (respirator medical form).
Salary starting at $19.00/hr. DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to; health, dental, vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending, life insurance and paid time off. To apply, submit application online at www.sportsfield.com, apply in person at 41155 St. Hwy 10, fax your resume to (607) 746-3107 or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor employment visas.