2. Collection of information
Sportsfield Specialties may passively collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system, and browse type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Sportsfield Specialties reserves the right to utilize outside, third party services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and through other, ever-changing passive means of general data collection. All information collected utilizing these third parties is generalized information including but not limited to; IP address, browser type, operating system, generalized geographic data, and means of access (e.g., computer or mobile device).
3. Use of Information
Sportsfield Specialties may use the information collected through your use of the Website, for example, in the following ways:
- to improve the Website;
- to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted Sportsfield Specialties;
- if you have opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, to send you periodic e-mails; and
- to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Sportsfield Specialties and the Website, visitors to the Website, and customers of Sportsfield Specialties.
4. Data Protection and Storage
Sportsfield Specialties implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. When you submit information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline. Online, the Website utilizes the “HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure”, which is denoted by the “s” in “https” at the beginning of the address of each webpage of the Website. Any personal information submitted through the Website is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Sportsfield Specialties may create cookies on the computers of those who visit the Website, such as those from Google Analytics. Cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, the type of browser used to access the Website, etc. Cookies be used to customize Content for the user (e.g., by displaying previously viewed products). Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users or passwords. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that.
6. Third-Party Disclosure
Sportsfield Specialties does not buy, rent, loan, sell, or otherwise share your personal information with any non-affiliated entity, except where (1) you have consented to such disclosure, or (2) required to do so by law.
Sportsfield Specialties may contract with third-party service providers to assist in better understanding Website visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected through the Website except to help Sportsfield Specialties conduct and improve its business.
7. Third-Party Links
The Website may contain links to the websites of third parties. When you visit these websites, it is recommended that you read their privacy policies. Sportsfield Specialties is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites.
8. Opt-out, Remove, or Modify Information
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit the Website – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may “unsubscribe” from any or all Sportsfield Specialties email communications at any time without any ramifications. This option can be found at the bottom of any email sent from a Sportsfield Specialties account.
9. Privacy Information for California Residents
Sportsfield Specialties value your privacy and has taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how Sportsfield Specialties collects, uses, and shares your “personal information” (as defined in the CCPA).
The CCPA requires that Sportsfield Specialties provide you with the “categories” of personal information collected. The categories of personal information collected by Sportsfield Specialties are:
- Identifiers (such as name, address, email address)
- Select information in customer records (such as name, address, telephone number, employment information, credit card numbers, etc.)
- Commercial info (transaction data such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Financial data (such as credit card information collected by our payment processors on our behalf)
- Geolocation information (e.g., your approximate location based on IP address)
- Professional or employment-related information
9.1 Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the CCPA permits you to make certain requests about your personal information. The CCPA also provides you with a right not to be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request that Sportsfield Specialties:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information Sportsfield Specialties is storing about you.
- Delete certain personal information Sportsfield Specialties has about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives we offer, if any.
Certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law, such as information needed to provide you with a product or service. Sportsfield Specialties will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request and may deny requests where your identity cannot be verified. In performing verifications, Sportsfield Specialties may request more information from you.
If you are a California resident and would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law, or if you would like to exercise your rights under the CCPA, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a California resident’s behalf, please contact us using the following contact information:
Please note that the CCPA sets forth requirements for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. Sportsfield Specialties does not sell personal information (including sensitive personal information). California law also gives residents rights under certain circumstances to request information regarding the manner in which Sportsfield Specialties shares certain categories of information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes; Sportsfield Specialties does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
10. Questions and Feedback