Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is seeking a Structural Project Engineer for its NY division, who can initiate, direct and manage the design, development, construction and modification of steel, aluminum and concrete structures for sports construction projects.
Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new projects by determining materials, methods, processes, schedules and procedures;
- Apply statics, solid mechanics, material science and structural analysis/design principles in product design
- Maintain and apply International Building Code (IBC), ASCE-7 and AISC knowledge
- Collaborate with 3rd party engineering firms
- Identify opportunities and/or implement changes to improve products and reduce costs;
- Work closely with other departments and customers to coordinate design engineering activities;
- Review, initiate or approve engineering drawings, layouts, changes orders and specifications;
- Perform cost estimation and project take-offs;
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge;
- Create manufacturing drawings for production release;
- Create, edit and update BOM and Production Orders within an ERP environment (SAP).
- B.S. or Master’s Degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering. Equivalent degree or field experience also considered
- Entry level and experienced positions available
- CAD Software (AutoCAD preferred), Structural analysis/design software preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel.
- Strong technical background along with innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Excellent work ethic within a team-first environment.
- Familiarity with SAP/ERP systems preferred.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending and paid time off. To apply, submit application online www.sportsfield.com, fax resume to (607) 746-3107 or send resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.