Sportsfield Specialties provides confidence and leadership in the manufacturing and sale of athletic construction equipment for all levels. Let our sales team and industry partners assist you with the design, engineering, and installation of your next project. Our experience and expertise makes us the standard in sports construction.
Structural Project Engineer - NY Division
Sportsfield Specialties is seeking a Structural Project Engineer for its NY division, who can initiate, direct and manage the design, development, construction and modification of steel, aluminum and concrete structures for sports construction projects.
Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new projects by determining materials, methods, processes, schedules and procedures;
- Apply statics, solid mechanics, material science and structural analysis/design principles in product design
- Working knowledge of International Building Code (IBC), ASCE-7 and AISC.
- Collaborate with 3rd party engineering firms
- Identify opportunities and/or implement changes to improve products and reduce costs;
- Work closely with other departments and customers to coordinate design engineering activities;
- Review, initiate or approve engineering drawings, layouts, changes orders and specifications;
- Perform cost estimation and project take-offs;
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge;
- Create manufacturing drawings for production release;
- Create, edit and update BOM and Production Orders within an ERP environment (SAP).
- Communicate with customer service and customers themselves to determine project requirements and solutions to issues.
- B.S. or Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. Equivalent field experience also considered.
- Entry level and experienced positions available
- CAD Software (AutoCAD preferred), Structural analysis/design software preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel.
- Strong technical and mechanical background along with innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Excellent work ethic within a team-first environment.
- Familiarity with SAP/ERP systems preferred.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Structural design experience, preferred.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending and paid time off. To apply, submit application online, apply in person at 41155 State Highway 10, fax resume to (607) 746-3107 or send resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.